pixmaps within widgets etc.

Cool..

I've got a pretty stable Gnome install going here with the sources
from anoncvs over the past 3 or 4 days... it seems to be getting easier
to compile without too much trouble, except when someone updates CVS with
broken code. ;)

Now comes the important question..

How do I get pixmaps in the backgrounds of apps like gmc and all of the other
gtk apps as seen in the screen shots on www.gnome.org? :)

Is there an Xresource string or a .gnome/configfile option to enable this?
If it is easy to do, then it wouldn't be hard to add a control-panel option
to configure this stuff.

Any one know? :)

Thanks

--