Re: Compiling Gnome ?

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > /usr/local/include/ministl/vector.h:285: virtual memory exhausted
>
> I see you are another victim of MICO memory requirements.  This means
> you have to increase your virtual memory to compile the code.
>
> You can do that.  Or you can try the freshly coded CORBA
> implementation that some GNOME hackers have been working on: ORBit
> (Andrew, Dick, and Elliot) If you use ORBit, you will not be punished
> again from not having enough memory or cpu power.

ORBit requires me to have glib-config (which as far as I can see frces me
to use gcc-2.8.x which is not exactly 'stable' on FreeBSD as far as I
know) I prefer my good old gcc-2.7.2.1

And I already noticed that it's indeed NOT the LACK of virtual memory
that's causing the problem ... but the fact that my system-config limits
me to use more than 58M of virtual memory for one single process ....
If ANYBODY can help me on how to avoid that problem ... It should work.
(coz I have about 60-70MB of Swap-Space available when it core-dumps)

Pascal