XFree86 specific extensions used in gnome?

Well well. I finally got everything to compile (Woohoo!)  Of course, that's
not the end of my troubles.

I got this running keyboard-properties and mouse-properties:

Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display "192.168.0.3:0.0".

The display is an Exceed X server running on Win95.

background-properties also complains of a SIGPIPE, but does not die like the
other two.

Also, running panel yeilds

** ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

...which the compile faq attributes to a bad imlib. The imlib I'm using is a
recent one from CVS. I'm gonna double check if those are really the libs
I've been linking with. In the mean time, if anyone knows other reasons for
the BadMatch, be sure to let me know.

Haukur Hreinsson