Re: gdk_imlib errors from gmc and eeyes

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:

> screwey instakls of libpng and libjpeg  - they dont match the libs
> Imlib was compield with... and how the hell did you get a *.so.8.0 ?

If we were more aggressive about using rpm and/or dpkg to manage our
installs, then this would not happen.  Perhaps have .rpm as the default
build format?

I hate to see people tripped up again and again when there is a way to
insure that apps and libs are matched up.  I won't bring up dgs installing
its own libjpeg, etc., which guarantees that everything breaks...

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net