Re: Compiling Gnome ?

 .........----------------==================----
..--==-  Thu, 23 Jul 1998 01:51:49 +0200 (CEST),
..--==-  Pascal Hofstee (PH) discussed:

 PH)  On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:

 )) On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
 ))
 )) glib-config is like gtk-config except for the glib libraries.  You
 )) need to have the latest version of glib installed from CVS fro
 )) ORBit.  THe only problem is that I don't know if this latest glib
 )) can work with gtk+ 1.0.4 since that installs its own glib.  You
 )) can try to install the new glib alongside the old gtk.  It may
 )) work.
 PH)  It worked ...

 PH)  gtk's glib ended up in /usr/X11R6/lib (and include) while glib's
 PH)  ended up in /usr/local/lib (and include)

 PH)  After (twice) adding an extra <sys/types.h> to two header-files,
 PH)  and creating a symlink for /usr/bin/cpp->/lib/cpp (don't know
 PH)  where that lib/cpp came from but it made the test-compile bail)
 PH)  I finaly have ORBit.

Please tell me what system you are on.  libIDL requires cpp, and at
the moment just uses /lib/cpp.  This is only temporarty, and I will
probably have libIDL's autoconf search for cpp in a few places soon.

btw, I had to add sys/types.h to a header file when testing ORBit
under AIX today as well.  One of those adds has been committed.

 PH)  Now Where/How do I get/compile an ORBit-ized version of the
 PH)  Panel ??

Install ORBit, remove config.cache in gnome-core if necessary, autogen
then build.

..

--

        Andrew Veliath