Re: How is the gnome-common package used?

John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> writes:
> So, is this a complete list of the files you have to create/edit?
>
> autogen.sh
> configure.in
> Makefile.am (one for each compilable directory)
>
> I assume that the Makefile.am for your main directory is
> significantly different from the Makefile.am you use for
> subdirectories...?
>
> This would be quite a juicy little FAQ topic, hint hint hint.

Gnome uses a standard autoconf/automake/libtool setup.  The only
"special" things are the various predefined autoconf macros:

	AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE(macros)  # need this to get the other gnome macros
	GNOME_INIT
	GNOME_X_CHECKS
	&c.

The info files that come with the autoconf/automake/libtool packages
should start you off.  Another good reference is (as someone already
mentioned):

	http://www.cygnus.com/~ian/configure/

`autogen.sh' is only a convenience script, and needs little setup.  You
just need to edit PKG_NAME, and, if you want to, list some files in the
simple-minded "I'm building in the correct tree" check.

- Hari