Re: Please help me to compile gnome-guile

Arturo Tena <arturo@Directmail.org> writes:

> ******* FIST ERROR *******
> $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local/gnome
> automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
> automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
> automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
> skipping ./guile-gtk/examples -- flagged as no auto-gen
> skipping ./guile-gtk -- flagged as no auto-gen
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <<---SURE WE WANT THIS?

Yes.  The guile-gtk subdirectory of gnome-guile is not a proper gnome
package.  I want it to be independent from the rest of gnome so that
people can use it without having to struggle with the gnome compile
problem of the day.

The guile-gtk dir contains its own autogen.sh script that is called
from the toplevel autogen.sh script.  At least it should be, I don't
see any indication in your quoted messages.  You should see a message
like "running autogen.sh in guile-gtk/".

> I guess guile-gtk/ must be done... mmmh, may be the blocking file must be
> removed:

No.  Try to run guile-gtk/autogen.sh by hand instead.