Re: CVS autogen.sh isn't working

James Smith <j-smith@physics.tamu.edu> writes:
> I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but randomly choosing three
> gnome-packages in the CVS tree, I found none could be built.
> macros/autogen.sh is missing from all three.  The three I checked are:
> gnome-pilot, grpm. gnome-libs.  Not sure about others.  Code is pretty
> useless to the person who hasn't developed it if there is no way to
> compile it...

Where did you get the code.  If you got it out of Jim Pick's CVS
snapshots ftp server, you will have to get the `gnome-common' module,
and put symlinks in every package to gnome-common's `macros' and `intl'
subdirs.  You'll also need a symlink in `gnome-libs' to gnome-common's
`support' subdir.

It is set up this way so that changes to common modules are
automatically reflected in every package.  All this is pretty
transparent to people using CVS, but causes small problems like this,
for those who don't.

Note, however, that when a release is made, no such problem will occur
to people using the tarballs -- since those tarballs are built a special
way (using "make distcheck").

- Hari