Re: Viability of application

> Would a "Find" application, like KDE's "KFind" and also that other OS's
> find applet, be of use for Gnome?  I've already started on this, but it
> seems that the find command in mc has 50% of the functionality of a
> full-featured find.  Should I dump GnoFind (aka GnoWhere) or complete it?

there are two such programs already .. one is in gnome the other is only
on my site .... the one in gnome has a better way of presenting the
interface .... but it's written in scheme ... I've got on my site a C
version that is mroe stable and does more .. but the interface lacks ...
so look at find-file (in gnome-utils I think) .. and look at

ftp.5z.com /pub/unix

there should be a file called soemthing like gfindfile or gsearch or
something like that

a combination of these two would probably be nice ....

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!