Re: gnome-libs don't compile still

Mark> No I still haven't worked it out. As far as I can see GTK is
Mark> installed and working properly

Mark> usr/local/include/glib.h:21: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory

Do you have /usr/local/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h?
If no, then you have the wrong Gtk installed.  Get the right one and
install it.
If yes, proceed to next question.

Did your gnome-libs configure process find gtk-config?
You can tell by looking in gnomeConf.sh.
You should see `-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include' in the GNOME_INCLUDEDIR
definition.
If no, then:
  - make sure `gtk-config' is in your $PATH
  - rm config.cache
  - re-run configure

If yes, then something really weird is going on.
Make sure that the right value for GNOME_INCLUDEDIR was substituted
into each generated Makefile.
You can force re-substitution by running "./config.status".
If that fails, try the same steps ("rm config.cache ...") as for the
last question.

Tom