Re: ICQ for Gnome

  KB> Hello all, This is my first message to the group, and I like to
  KB> say how glad I was to find a group working on a real desktop for
  KB> Linux.

  KB> While cruising the web site, I noticed that an ICQ client for
  KB> Gnome was on the TODO list.  It also said that someone had
  KB> reverse-engineered the protocol.  I would like to volunteer to
  KB> take on this project if I can get the protocol from someone.  I
  KB> use ICQ everyday, and have really enjoyed it.

Well, there's a webpage at
http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d95-mih/icq/ with the protocol info
that's been figured out so far. I was looking at doing something about
it myself, mostly as an introduction to the GNOME way of doing things,
however I have JUST started, and haven't really gotten a large block
of free time available. I doubt I will soon either, with everything
else going on here. So, I just keep taking baby steps. If you've got
the free time for it though, go to it :)

-Larry
--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/