Re: Icons on the desktop

On 5/5/98 2:14 PM Miguel de Icaza miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx said:

>That daemon happens to be called "gmc"

Now we're just going in circles.  My argument came from the fact that I
had to launch gmc explicitly, and only then did any icons appear.  This
in addition to the fact that when the last gmc window was closed, the
icons went away.

What I am suggesting is that the display of icons shouldn't be tied to a
gmc window being open.  You should always be able to see the desktop
floating *below* every other window of any type, regardless of whether
there are gmc window open or not.

Çheers,
Kevin

--