Re: gmake

Nuke> if you actually hack the source to the program (gnu make),
Nuke> there's the problem trying to run the make while trying to run
Nuke> gtk. of course there are ways to get around the second problem,
Nuke> but with all my begging in the gtk-list, nobody ever told me how
Nuke>:)

There are many ways to do this.  The right way depends on what the
internals of GNU make look like.

One approach would be to have the GUI code run in a separate thread.

Another would be to restructure make so that it has an event loop.
Long running calculations (e.g., dependency checking) could explicitly
call the event dispatcher.

Tom