Re: First impressions - USER report

On Sun, 10 May 1998, George wrote:

> I think we'll end up suggesting icewm

"Suggesting" will be taken as "we only really need to make the effort to
make it work with icewm" instead of doing the patches for other window
managers.

There was a reason one of the original GNOME goals was wm independance.
It's because we need to give people the choice :-) I noticed someone else
just posted saying they would like the hints for WindowMaker. Is there
anything else you would like to know to convince you that
total wm-independance is good? :)

> as it seems it will implement nice hints

So will other window managers, and probably before icewm.

I personally don't like icewm, so please, I don't want people shoving it
down my throat in order to get full GNOME functionality. :)

When window managers come out with support for hints that are needed by
GNOME apps, we *will* need a page listing GNOME-compliant window managers.
Just not one preferred one :)

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.