Re: Gnomeified Fvwm2

Hi !

> Due to the non-availability of a gnome WM, i've currently been working on
> some modifications the the default rc file for fvwm2.  With the new rc
> setup that i've created, much like what 'Tigert' has started, i've broken
> up the rc file into separate modules: 'buttons' 'menus' 'functions', etc.
> All of these files are neat/clean with readable comments, etc.  The menus
> file loads most of the gnome applications to date (still adding them in).

Some time ago I sent a patch to raster for enlightenment, to build the
application (and themes) menues by scanning for *.desktop and *.kdelnk files.
I think this is a much better solution than editing rc-files manually.

Maybe we should offer a script to build the rc files for some common WMs from
the *.desktop files installed. Oh, and KDE has a nice script for generating
*.kdelnk files for some common applications, like Netscape and Emacs, if they're
found in the Path.

			Jens Ch. Restemeier