Re: Suggestion: Changing mouse pointers

On Mon, 11 May, 1998 at 11:42:35PM +0200, d4hult@dtek.chalmers.se set free these words:

> > I also vote for this configurability. I want to use 'left_ptr' and
> > 'right_ptr' instead of the current pointers (they look very ugly to
> > me, the angle of the arrows is not very good).
>
>   I agree on that left_ptr looks definately best. It would indeed be
> very nice if there was an option to change the pointer to one of the
> different X pointers, like left_ptr etc.
>
>   But it would also be nice to be able to change to any user defined
> pointer made up of a bitmap (with a mask to go with it). With a little
> preview picture of the pointers you could just click away and choose
> whichever you like the best! And then that pointer would be used in all
> the gnome apps including the panel of course, and the in the root
> window preferably.

I think it would be nicer to have finer granularity: Have the ability to
change the cursor in the root window and application top-levels separately.
(Also change per app -- maybe by clicking on with the mouse like xwininfo.)

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."