SANE: How to build a autoconf configure.in

G'day All,
  I have diffed sane 0.71 and patched into 0.72 so now I'm working with
the latest release of SANE and making it more Gnome compliant.

My problem is I don't understand autoconf and friends.  What I want to
do is something like:
If there are gnome libraries:
  Find them, define GNOME_LIBS as -gnomeui etc and make sure the linker knows
  their location with a -L parameter
  Find the headers, give the compiler a -I line for their location
  Define USE_GNOME (for the source code #ifdefs I have)

So how do I do this?

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|