Re: GMedia ramblings... (corba!)

On 14 May 1998, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant@suntlc.etnoteam.it> writes:
>
> | 	gnome_media_load( media, "my_movie.mpeg" );
> | 	gnome_media_play(NULL);
> | 	gnome_media_wait();
>
> global state communication??? brrr

Sorry, that should have been

	gnome_media_play( media );
	gnome_media_wait( media );

Each instance of a gnome_media widget has its own driver, so in theory there
could be two widgets playing wavs at the same time, but that would require a
mixing daemon somewhere along the line (EsounD ?).

> | The NULL in gnome_media_play is a callback function which is called when
> | the file is finished, because the play function is asynchronous.
>
> This is not acceptable, if you want to play different media streams at
> the same time. The most simple idea is to combine a fli video with
> some wav sounds.

The callback function is gone (replaced by a signal handler one can add).
If you want to play a FLC and a WAV, then I'm thinking of something like:

	gnome_media_load (flic, "flic.flc");
	gnome_media_load (wav, "wav.wav");
	gnome_media_play_sync (flic, wav);

where gnome_media_play_sync takes a variable number of parameters...
The playing of multiple sound files at the same time would require audio
mixing logic at a lower level...

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant                                 ttarrant@suntlc.etnoteam.it