Safe to touch:

Hello Gnome list. I am a new Linux user. I know enough to install linux, do
basic administration, navigate through the filesystem, and use the simpler
applications. I do not yet have a strong handle on programming. The machine I
was thinking of installing gnome on to is a fairly strong intel box that I use
for fun (so I'm not concerned if I have to re-image the drive so much). Is gnome
still in the "look but don't touch" stage for users like me? Is it too technical
at this stage?

JMB