Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

Just to add my two very small cents to the conversation.... :)

Bowie Poag wrote:

> Bingo. Lamp lights up red, user points to the lamp, Hint says "Stopped."
> Glad to see people are getting the picture, here. :)

It might be an interesting idea to have a tooltip pop up when the user holds the
mouse over the lamp/beacon/whatever.  The tooltip would state exactly what the
status meant in word form (much like a tooltip for a toolbar button), just to
further disambiguate [is that a word?] the meaning of the color transition pattern
in that particular application.  The "status in word form" would be exactly the
text shown in the color transition table for that color transition pattern.

     - Eric (relurking...)

--
"God is real, unless  // Name: \\ Eric Galluzzo | Software Engineer | SDRC