Re: SESSION_MANAGER environment vriable not defined (was Gnome compliant window manager)

FT> Does gnome Implement session management (See X11/SM), because it
FT> seems does expects a session manager to be running. And the call

Yes, Gnome has a session manager.  It is called `gnome-session'.

FT> SmcOpenConnection()
FT> fails and sets the error_string as
FT> SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined

Do you get this from icewm or from a Gnome application?

FT> Does anybody know the status (Is anybody working on it). I would
FT> be glad to work on this part.

I'm working on it.  It isn't clear that there is much more that really
needs to be done.  There are a few small things, but I think they are
mostly unimportant.

Tom