Re: NeXTGtk ?

> > > another little HCI gotcha is menus, if theres more entries on the menu than
>
> > > fits on the screen there should be the capacity to scroll the menu so that
> you
> > > can select any of the entries, you can see that xaw doesnt have any
> > > cunning way to do this so for instance on my machine with loads
> > > of fonts i cant select past the ones beginning with c with xfontsel as they
>
> > > are listed in a menu thats too long to fit on screen.
>
> Yes, this is a _BIG_ problem ...

Another solution would be to have extended menu's, like Netscape
does when a form has too many items in a selection field - using a
'more ...' menu item or similar.

Or ... like the gadtools library which lays out menus with 2-d items.
i.e. extra menu items over-flow to a new column, so you may end up
with 2 or more columns of menu's if they are big.

IMHO scrolling menu's look nice, but aren't particularly easy to use
and aren't really the same metaphore as a menu anyway (it then degenerates
to a list).

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith