Re: Gnomish Thoughts

SEGV <mlepage@cgocable.net> writes:

> 1) Is there a swallow-able load applet?

Yes.

> 2) Why are my fonts (eg, in gtop) so huge and pixellated?

gtop author made it so.

I also think it is evil to hardcode a font for generic text.  Such a
program makes its Korean translation useless.  :-)  (and Japanese,
Chinese, or any other languages which should use fontset)

Developers, please use gtkrc.

> 3) Why can't I play sounds? Does esound grab the devices forever?

If the sound program can write to stdout (instead of /dev/dsp):

$ <command> | esdcat

If not, try this first:

$ esddsp <command>

In the last,