Re: Slightly Off Topic: GPL'ed Encyclopedia ?

Yes - I think that the framework is the key: (i) a software framework for
categorising and presenting information, and (ii) an intellectual framework
for editing and peer reviewing submissions.  No one should seriously be
considering writing it themselves!

That said, I could argue that the discussed encyclopedia already exists -
it's called the World Wide Web.  I think we need to think carefully about
how any new encyclopedia project would be different from and more valuable
than the WWW.

    Neil