Re: imlib won't recognize new libpng

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Dave Reed wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post - I removed the old libpng (will have to
> reinstall it later off my CD since rpm complained I was breaking
> dependencies for ghostscirpt and zgv) and imlib still isn't finding it
> - I did put it in a "non-standard" place.  How can I tell configure
> where to find it?

ld.so.conf should work, maybe you need to rerun ldconfig *after* removing
the old libpng? If that fails, try LD_LIBRARY_PATH but this is a per-user
setting. Remember to rm config.cache again every time you try...

Also look in config.log and make sure the error is '-lpng: no such file
or directory,' if it's some other thing this may not be the problem.

Havoc