Re: gnome-core compile problem

On 17 Nov 1998, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> Ken Savich <ksavich@interaccess.com> writes:
> > I've been having this problem on a couple of machines..

[snip]
> > idl/help-browser.idl
> > make[2]: execvp: idl/help-browser.idl: Permission denied

> You need to install ORBit.  The command that was executed was
>
> 	$(ORBIT_IDL) idl/help-browser.idl
>
> Somehow, $(ORBIT_IDL) was empty -- the most likely reason being that
> ORBit was not installed when `gnome-core' was compiled.
>
> So,
>
> 	1. Install ORBit
>
> 	2. Next, re-configure gnome-core.  Make sure to remove
> 	    the config.cache in the gnome-core build directory.
> 	    Then do
>
> 		./config.status --recheck

Also make sure that your macros directories are bang up to date. I had
this happen a couple of times 'cause I was one of the unlucky ones who,
when they checked out gnome-core didn't get gnome-core/macros. So I copied
a macros subdir in, but it didn't get updated enough.

HTH

Michael Hudson
Jesus College
Cambridge