panel slowness?

I have noticed something in panel that is kind of odd.  When I run without
a window manager, the panel hides and unhides itself very quickly (this is
a corner panel) but when I am running a window manager (E) it is
excessively slow.  My machine isn't small (k6 233, 128mb RAM) and E is not
so big as to take up THAT much CPU time/mem.  I'm not sure if this is a
bug with E, with the panel, or both.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

"If we find a cat I'm going to kick it!"
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)