idea - gnome app fast loading

Thinking along the lines of an applet issue that recently crossed the
lists...  why not make every GNOME app a shared library?

I think this would save a lot of memory and startup time, though there
may be security implications.

Most GNOME apps don't have any special startup requirements; they just
init the gettext library, call gnome_init(), and then begin their setup.

I propose that GNOME apps be compiled as shared libraries, with each's
main() becoming gnome_main().  The main() is provided by a generic
driver, which simply calls gnome_main(), and links with all the proper
libraries.

GNOME-aware programs can fork and dlopen the shared lib, and
GNOME-unware programs continue to execute the driver binary, which
simply references the shared lib containing the real code.

Comments?

	Jeff