Re: esound eats CPU cycles

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:33:03 +1100, Andrew Clausen <clausen@alphalink.com.au>
wrote:

>Ronald de Man wrote:
>
>> > Ronald de Man writes:
>> >  > I have the lastest version from CVS. No sound is playing, just
>> >  > esd running in the background. Esd should be sleeping, and strace
>> >  > shows that it is. But the performance decrease is real.

Not sure if I agree with the others that this is a problem with DMA or
hardware or whatever (although that is a definite possibility).

I have noticed that that if you kill a client that is talking to esd, esd
will get into an infinite read() loop. ricdude knows about it so it'll get
fixed:)

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg