random thoughts

1.  Does anyone that's maintinaining ftp.gtk.org know that the
gtk+-1.1.1.tar.gz does not contain a configure script?

2.  For people complianing about CVS, it doesn't stand for Certified &
Verified Sources.  It's development.  I mean, hats off to the E team cuz
I've been updating from cvs and recompiling for hte past week or so and
no problems, but i don't expect them to be gold

It's also neat to see a new feature almost every day in the E CVS (the
ghostly window movings are neat)  Kudos Raster

3.  Gnome CVS doesnt' compile for me, so I decided to go to the 0.3.1
release and get that working first.  Has anyone successfully compiled it
with gtk+-1.1.5? Mine dies and I really don't want to have to install a
3rd gtk on my system.  I aleaady have 1.0.6 for gimp, 1.1.5 for E, and I
don't know if I have to drop down to a lower version to get gnome 0.3.1
(and 0.3.0 pieces) to compile right

4.  DO GTK/Gnome *require* libc6?  I built gtk-1.1.5 with libc5 i
believe but I'm wondering if tthat may be problems i'm having compiling
gnome.  I am running slackware 3.6 though, which comes with the libc6
libraries to compile and run programs for (even though the distribution
and everything else I build is libc5) but do I have to tell gnome to use
the libc.so.6 files?  If so, which flag is that for ./configure  ?

-Brian