Re: GNOME 981009, highscore bugfix

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:47:24 +0200, Kang-Jin Lee <lee@tengu.arco.de> wrote:

>when playing games from gnome-games package, the games will segfault
>if you make it into already populated high score list.
>gnome-libs/libgnome/gnome-score.c, gnome_score_log() reads the rank from
>stdout and g_message() seems to write to stdout, if syslogd is not
>set up to collect g_message() output. This leads to garbled rank value
>and it leads to segfault in gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-scores.c,
>gnome_scores_set_current_player().

Thanks for the patch! I know we were looking for this bug a while ago, but
I never put very much energy into solving it.

>Is there a reason to communicate via stdin/stdout instead of any other
>file handle?

gnome-score-helper is a separate program and needs to know which fd's to
use. If you want to make a patch that makes it work on arbitrary fd's,
that would improve gnome-score.

Thanks,
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg