Re: GNOME and mklinux

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Josh Hochman wrote:
> > So, my question is, how (if possible) can I get GNOME to build and run with
> > gtk+1.0.5? Thanks in advance...
> >

> You can't really. 1.0 support was dropped.
>
> Probably you should try to get the Gtk guys to investigate why 1.1 isn't
> working on MkLinux.

I think it has to do with the lack of a decent glibc for the PowerPC. The new
LinuxPPC dist comes with the curious version 1.99 of glibc.

However, I believe that the GTK+ 1.1 in CVS has patches that happen to work
around this problem, so if you do an anonymous CVS checkout, instead of just
using the latest release, you may get it to work. I haven't tried it yet, so
YMMV.

Tim