Trouble with aclocal/autoconf in checked-out trees.

I've had pretty decent luck building the various GNOME tools when I
grab a pre-autoconf'd tar file from the ftp site, but I'm trying to
actually sync up with the ongoing development sources now, and I've
run into a brick wall trying to get gnome-lib to autoconf.

I have automake/aclocal version 1.3b, and autoconf version 2.12.
When I try to run aclocal in the gnome-lib directory, it complains
about some missing macros:

andare% aclocal -I `pwd`/macros
aclocal: configure.in: 30: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 30: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 165: macro `AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB' not found in library

Oh, I'm running Perl 5.004_04 and the operating system is NetBSD-1.3F.

			       _MelloN_