Question on MC

I have MC installed and running gmc. A few questions:

1. Is there a way I can launch GMC for say WM so the desktop icons appear
but it doesnt open the initial file window.. As if I opened gmc and hit
close.. The icon would remain on the desktop.

2. Where is the mc.ext for gmc ?? I dont know where to go to set all of
the commands suxh as what Icon to display vs what file etc.

3. Where is gmc's master file (like .ad) so I can tell it which program to
launch .. i.e rxvt instead of xterm etc.

Alex G. Paoli