Re: LibGtop .. Question on Static

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Alex G. Paoli wrote:

> To: gnome-list@gnome.org
> Subject: LibGtop .. Question on Static
> From: "Alex G. Paoli" <ad_alexp@wgn.net>
>
> Interesting problem for me. If I compile libgtop with --disable-static it
> fails on
>
> src/daemon .. States libtool cannont find static library blah blah (Which
> is located in ../../libs)..during the libtool link process.
>
> If I then compile with static allowed (default=yes) it works fine without
> a hitch. My libtool is 1.2 and I have even gone so far as to force all of
> the ltmain.sh in the source to --disable-static. Without a doubt I fail at
> /src/daemon

Yes, this is correct. It fails since I'm linking the libgtop_daemon
statically. Just fixed this in CVS.

However, you'll get the same problem in examples - just ignore it
`make -k' at the moment until I fixed this.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier

   baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.org/
   Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
   ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
   Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above