Questions regarding Control-Center.

Hi,

first of all I want to make clear that I really like the effort to
provide an integrated control center for all the small little
customization programs that have been floating around. Doing this with
a nice interface/extensibility --- the capplets --- is even better :-)

Without wishing to step on anybodys toes, I still want to make a small
suggestion regarding the UI of that thing...

IMHO it makes no sense at all that capplets get added to a notebook
when I browse through the tree on the left side, and that they will be
"closed" when I press OK. The notebook could be used INSIDE a single
caplet if it provides for extensive options. But why not use the tree
to select between them? What sense does it make to need to browse
through the tree, double click to add a capplet to the working area,
and then be able to switch between them via the notebook tabs?????

My suggestion would be: selecting an item in the tree shows it. Remove
the CANCEL button as there is no need for it. OK becomes APPLY, which
unconditionally applies the changes made but doesn't close the capplet
of course. TRY and REVERT work like they did. After all, there's no
need to close a capplet at all -- it will be closed when the control
panel is left -- or maybe when another item is selected.

Regards,
	jtl