Re: SGML tools for Solaris (is SGMLtools portable???)

    Frederic> Did anybody manage to compile and run succesfully SGML
    Frederic> tools on Solaris?  I got it to compile with a few
    Frederic> modifications, but jade still segfaults...

[I presume you mean the DocBook RPMs at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/home/rosalia/docware/]

Someone sent me patches to make my SRPMs work on solaris.  If you want
I can send them to you.  I will probably incorporate them in the next
set of RPMs.

    Frederic> It would be nice if GNOME could use documentation tools
    Frederic> that run not just on linux, and that can be installed in
    Frederic> the autoconf-way (I want _everything_ in /usr/local,
    Frederic> nothing in /etc or /usr/etc...). I guess SGMLtools are a
    Frederic> good starting point for this, but I never saw these
    Frederic> running on Solaris (are they GPLed btw?)

There is good news on that front: jade now has autoconf support, and
it will probably improve, so in the future all this work will be
doable in the "right" way.