libgtkxmhtml?

    I get the following error message when compiling control-center 1.0.4,
and also when compiling gnome-core 1.0.4:

/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to
`XpmCreateXpmImageFromBuffer'
/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `XpmFreeXpmInfo'
/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined
referenceto`XpmGetErrorString'/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined
reference to`XpmCreateXpmImageFromData'

/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `XpmFreeXpmImage'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [theme-selector-capplet] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/control-center-1.0.4/capplets/theme-switcher'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/control-center-1.0.4/capplets'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/control-center-1.0.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error

    The same error occurred when in the 'help browser' directory of
gnome-core. To fix, i removed the help browser target from the makefile, and
also removed the theme-selecter target from the makefile in control center.
I am running latest source tarballs on slackware 3.6, kernel 2.2.5. I do
have libxml installed.

    Also, when experimenting with gnome session, all of a sudden my panel
disappeared, and now session remembers not to start it...how do I bring it
back?

    One last question. How do you people know so much about coding/linux? I
know experience is probably a big factor. I am a high school senior right
now, and next year I will be going to UC Santa Cruz and majoring in computer
science, and hopefully learning how to program. I would appreciate any
input/pointers from programmers out there (especially Mr. de Icaza?)

                                    Thank you.