Re: Desktop context menus and icons should be Gnome intrinsic, not tied to gmc.

In message <199904012040.PAA28653@guanabana.labs.redhat.com>, Federico
Mena Quintero <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes
>>  I exited gmc using the close window icon and the desktop icons
>>  disappeared at which point I became thoroughly confused. The whole
>>  point of a desktop GUI is IMO to have features of the desktop
>>  permanently available. Right now I have to click File then close to
>>  keep my icons.
>
>This was a nasty bug in previous versions.  Please upgrade your
>Midnight Commander, as it has been fixed.

Yep, I'm in the process...

[ ... ]

>>  Right now, gmc is quite nice. I like the look; more functionality
>>  options could be present, but it's similarities to Windows Explorer are
>>  helpful. I would like to be given the new directory contents though when
>>  I click on a plus arrow...
>
>This is the behavior in the latest released version.  Interstingly
>enough, most people I have asked have told me they don't like this
>behavior -- if you activate the directory you expand in the tree view,
>then you cannot just open branches of the tree to see a directory you
>want to drag files into.  I am taking this behavior out for the next
>version.

Er, no, please don't do that. For such arguments an option ought to be
placed to let the user decide.

--
James Green