Re: GNOME vs GNU gcc & glibc

Pedro Timoteo <deh@ip.pt> el día Thu, 08 Apr 1999 18:51:52 +0100, escribió:

>Sergio wrote:
>> >
>> > Then GNOME depends on non-GNOME code, and it's development is
>> > constrained by the non-GNOME people? Is that the case?
>> >

>> yes, Gnome depends on Linux for example.
>
>Actually, no. You can compile it on FreeBSD, Solaris and most other Unixes.

I know, I know, this is why I say for example...
but it seems that my expresion was not very happy.

And seriously, I see an advantage that Gnome uses very well
defined 'outside' libraries, following code reuse and
modularity. But is also true that an abuse of this is not
very good (ie. look at enlightenment).

Sak