Latest E breaks gmc

I just upgraded E from the CVS (04120000) and it seems that this breaks
gmc.  At first when I reloaded E, gmc simply wouldn't come up.  I noticed
the process was running, but no icons showed up on my desktop.  I killed it
and ran it manually, and it just sits there (after displaying the gtk+ 1.3
warning) with no other warnings or errors.

So, I deleted ~/.gnome-desktop/ and .gnome/metadata.db and reloaded gmc.
Now gmc will display the icons on the desktop, but I'm unable to click on them
(i.e. clicking doesn't do anything, as if they weren't there).  The right-click
menu also no longer shows up.

Another oddity is that when I run gmc from the command line, ctrl-z and ctrl-c
don't do anything.  killall -9 gmc also takes about 5 seconds to actually
kill the process.  I thought these were strange enough to merit reporting.

Jason.