Re: Damn xscreensaver!!

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Ryan Leduc wrote:

> Is anyone else getting this bug with xscreensaver and gnome?
> It's REALLY annoying..
>
> I go to control center: screensaver
>
> I set screensave = none,
> turn off "requires password, and select use power saving (since they
> turned off the screen blanker in my xserver
>
> I go away from my terminal for a bit, and I come back to find it
> locked..
> I work at home and there is no reason to lock my screen!
>
> Anyone know of a workaround?

I've had the same problem, but try this:

-first, select one of the screensavers from gnomecc

-preview etc. play with the settings and choose ok

-finally go back and choose "no screensaver"

Somehow this works for me, don't ask why... Workarounds similar to this
are quite common in Windows-world =)

P.S. Anyone know how to turn off the ripple etc. effects in E?

P.P.S Anyone got the auto-away/auto-NA options working in Licq & Gnome?

Timo Aaltonen <http://www.hut.fi/~tjaalton>
"2, 4, 6, ... 25 ... vai olisiko neljännen numeron sittenkin pitänyt
olla 8?" -Mensan jälkiviisaustesti