Re: RHAD Labs announces GNOME 1.0 RPMS for Red Hat Linux 5.2

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 12:26:15PM -0600, rob@kafka.fusionmediagroup.com wrote:
> gnome-games and libgtop-examples both complain about the wrong version
> of guile.  they want so.2 and i've got so.4.  why?

guile-1.2, an obsolete versions, is what shipped with redhat-5.2.  The
current stable version, and the development version bumped up the .so
numbering.  There was a batch of gnome packages out there that had an
updated guile rolled into it, but those packages weren't readhats.

If you don't use guile for other things I'd suggest downgrading to the
guile-1.2 that redhat uses - it isn't really used for anything except
some gnome packages right now, and obviously the version you want is 1.2.

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.