Re: why?? window managers

Hi,

> Tri wrote:
> >
> > Gnome is not listing any windowmanagers in it's window manager tab
> >in the
> > control-panel. Why?
> > I have enlightenment 15.5 installed.
>
> I got the same problem, i'm using gnomelibs 1.0.8, gnome-core 1.0.5
> and control-center-1.0.1, and even i dont have anything shown up
> when using control-center-1.0.4.
>
> did I miss anything?
>
> any clues would be greatly appreciated :)

You haven't missed anything out. I assume you both installed from RPM,
as I don't think the problem arises with tarballs, although I'm open to
correction on that one. There's a bug in the control-center SPEC file -
the line which should tell rpm to install the .desktop files for the
Window Manager control-center capplet is missing. It has been reported,
with a fix, but I assume our developers have been too busy on other
things, and it hasn't been done yet.

Anyway, here's how to fix it:
Create a directory <gnomeprefix>/share/gnome/wm-properties
(where <gnomeprefix> is the directory under which GNOME is installed)

Get a copy of the source tarball, and untar/unzip it. Then
cp control-center-1.0.5/capplets/wm-properties/wm-desktops/* \
	<gnomeprefix>/share/gnome/wm-properties

Your problem should be solved!

TTFN

Allan

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)
http://www.gla.ac.uk/Clubs/WebSoc/~9607436t/

"Not everything in black and white makes sense...."