Couple of Gnome programming problems

I am busily writing a new game for Gnome, and have a few problems with
gaps in my knowledge.

Here is the current list of "Things I am too stupid to fix" from the
homepage.

*	The turn indicator at the right of the status bar is not
	growing/shrinking. When the server tells the client how many
	players are in the game, I try to resize the GtkDrawingArea
	indicator in the GnomeAppBar. Unfortunately nothing happens
	(If I manually resize the main window, everything is magically
	fixed up).

*	The map is rendered on a GtkDrawingArea. When you resize the
	window, the map is redrawn at the maximum scale that will fit
	in the available area. Unfortunately, the entire drawing area
	seems to be getting cleared with the background colour before
	I get my "expose" event. This causes a really annoying flicker
	(window manager is set to do opaque resize).

*	The dialog that the user interacts with to discard resources
	is constructed using gnome_dialog_new(). Unfortunately, the
	GnomeDialog widget class sets up a default "delete_event"
	handler which automatically closes the dialog. I want to be
	able to prevent the dailog being killed via the window
	mananger.

OK, the second one is not a Gnome problem :-)

If you want to see what the game is, point your browser at:

	http://www.dccs.com.au/~dave/gnocatan/

- Dave