Re: recent article

Thomas Resing wrote:

> When the article was written, it seemed pretty appropriate. Besides it's
> not bashing GNOME, he just had more trouble installing GNOME than KDE. I
> would have to agree. The KDE installation only required downloading 6
> rpms which expanded into the larger number similar in number to the
> GNOME base.
> Besides having to download so many files though, this recent release of
> RPMS for Redhat was pretty easy to install and is stable so far on my
> machine.

lucky you.  I've got all the newest stuff too that I've installed over a
redhat 5.2 install.  I've upgraded gnome RPM's twice in under a week and
I still get tons of Gdk-ERROR, Gtk-CRITICAL, Bad Window, BadDrawable,
etc.  And to top it off, often when i post to this list I feel like I'm
invisible admidst the hordes of email that flow through it everyday.
That is, I don't get a reply more often than I do.

I really hope Gnome can works out these issues into a stable release
too.  It's gonna really suck for RedHat otherwise.

Rob