Re: mc 4.5.30 crashes X session

In message <37183C06.2DA4A197@ix.netcom.com>, Devin Butterfield writes:
+-----
| Well........Hmmm....are you suggesting that this problem "x io error
| occurred" is NOT gnome related???
|
| If so, then why is it that I have NEVER...
+--->8

Because GNOME does something differently.  That doesn't change the fact that
it should NEVER be possible for a bug in an X client to kill the X server.
This isn't Windows; we don't just shrug off bugs in the basic system as
something to be worked around in the application.

That doesn't mean that there's no point in looking for workarounds, but it
*does* mean that the real problem should be found and a fix sent to the
XFree86 folks before implementing the workaround.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu