gnome-terminal and placement by gnome-session..

The most logical app to have gnome-session auto start on starting X,
are terminals..

I like to have 4 started, I want them placed at certain locations, and I
want most of them shaded (So I can see the background du jour ;-)

Simple request, but gnome-session/gnome-terminal can't seem to handle
it..
Instead I get 4 terminals (all unshaded), in the center of the screen,
cascaded..

So each time I start X, I have to waste my time positioning them etc..
This is currently my biggest complaint..

BTW, when they start this way, my initial prompt comes like:
<
-
1
1

Odd, eh?

I looked into the ~/.gnome/gnome-terminal-XXXXXXX  file and it records
the
geometry and if it should be shaded..

I know a gnome-app can tell my window manager  (window maker) if the app
should be shaded or not, as I can control that from the gnome-pager..

I also know that te terminal can be started in a specific location, and
shaded or not..  Because window makers "save session" command can handle
that..

Now, I get the files where they were suppose to, and then gnome-session
starts an extra four!  I'd rather not use window makers "save session"
and just have gnome-session place them properly..

Ryan

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne