Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> Nevertheless, we should try to implement it on top of an already
> existant database system, if possible. Berkeley DB probably isn't
> powerful enough - would SQL be overkill?

SQL is almost always an overkill. Please note that relational data base
and SQL are not the same thing. I think there is no mention of word
`relational' in the SQL 92 standard, for example.

SQL is just one language which can be used to manipulate data in a
data base. Unfortunately, there is no alternative, due to historical
reasons.

Wheteher a data base (relational or not) is needed, doesn't depend on
a mail (or messaging) system alone. If any kind of data base goes in,
it should be powerfull enough for all applications which might want
to use it.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.