Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

Nathan,

in the model that I talked about (each Message is a file, separate
index file for each Group of Messages), we won't endup with that
many open files.  The inode count could become an issue of concern
though.  But, we've got to have a whole lot of messages stored to
run out of inodes.

We've really only got 2 options to us, each Message in a single file,
or some aggregation method for putting multiple Messages into a single
file.  Any aggregation method is going to take some additional
algorithmic complexity to handle.  Maybe, if all the Messages for a
given day were placed into a single file, that would make them fairly
easy to retrieve, since we can resolve the storage file from the
Message ID rather painlessly.

I don't have any thing that I'd call a silver bullet on this one
though.:(

regards,
scottwimer